The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) Assistant Nurse Exam is designed to assess the knowledge and skills of individuals seeking to work as an Assistant Nurse in the DHA. The exam covers a range of topics related to nursing and healthcare, including:
- Patient Care: This includes topics such as infection control, patient safety, and basic nursing procedures, such as taking vital signs, administering medications, and performing basic wound care.
- Medical Terminology: This includes understanding and using medical terminology, including common medical abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols.
- Nursing Procedures: This includes topics such as administering medications, performing basic wound care, and providing post-operative care.
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare: This includes topics such as patient rights, confidentiality, and informed consent, as well as ethical considerations in healthcare.
- Pharmacology: This includes understanding the use of medications and their effects on the body.
- Anatomy and Physiology: This includes understanding the structure and function of the human body, including the various organ systems and their functions.
- Pathology: This includes understanding the causes, symptoms, and treatment of different diseases and illnesses.
- Community Health: This includes understanding the impact of community factors on health, and the role of the nurse in promoting health and preventing illness.
It’s important to note that the DHA may change the format and content of the exam in the future, so it is important to stay updated on any changes and to check the official DHA website for the most current information. Additionally, it’s advisable to consult with a DHA authorized training center, as they provide more detailed information about the topics and the format of the examination.